A new year has begun and chances are you are hoping for a better life this 2015. Looking to lose weight, start an exercise regimen and become more fit this year? It’s possible, if you put your mind to it.
Sometimes, though, the excitement of the new year wears off and our commitments to losing weight and exercising are forgotten. To help inspire you to keep them up, we’ve come up with a list of motivational quotes to inspire you throughout your journey to fitness.
1. If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. ~ Bruce Lee
2. To keep the body in good health is a duty…Otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. ~ Buddha
3. It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
4. The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years. ~ Deepak Chopra
5. A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools. ~ Spanish Proverb
6. He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything. ~ Arabian Proverb
7. Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn’t formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them. ~ Lee Haney
8. Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t. ~ Ashley Greene
9. Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever got strong or got in shape by thinking about it. They did it. ~ Jim Wendler
10. I don’t count my sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting. That is when I start counting, because then it really counts. That’s what makes you a champion. ~ Muhammad Ali
11. It’s easier to wake up early and work out than it is to look in the mirror each day and not like what you see. ~ Jayne Cox
12. Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going! ~ Jillian Michaels
13. The food you eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison. ~ Ann Wigmore
14. Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments. ~ Bethenny Frankel
15. It’s one thing to lose weight, but it’s another thing to eat healthy. ~ Jennifer Hudson
16. People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~ Author Unknown
17. Never eat more than you can lift. ~Miss Piggy
18. Fat is not a moral problem. It’s an oral problem. ~Jane Thomas Noland
The next time you’re feeling too lazy to exercise or if you find yourself snacking too much on unhealthy food, just read these quotes again. You’ll soon become a healthier you!